Firefly Creations design and produce state-of-the-art storied visitor attractions and experiences. From initial concept through to opening, we bring stories to life utilising leading hardware solutions to drive footfall, build brand identity and bring extraordinary worlds to life.
Providing turnkey design services or consultancy based on your specific needs, we are here to support your project at every stage and create a bespoke experience tailored to your requirements.
Storied experiences deliver strong, marketable brands driving new and repeat visitation. We work as the guardians of the creative intent throughout the project to ensure your brand is delivered. Our designs maximise opportunities to increase revenue through retail, dining and connected experiences increasing brand engagement both within and outside of the park and maximising return on investment.
Theme Parks & Resorts
Museums & Exhibits
Zoos & Aquariums
Live Shows & Events
Themed Hotels & Restaurants
OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCES START WITH EPIC STORIES
Offering creative design services, consultation and full project coordination from concept to opening, we create bespoke experiences specifically tailored to your destination.
We approach all of our projects with a story, creating emotional connections to immerse guests. Through careful choreography of scenic elements, lighting, audio-visual and atmospheric effects, we transport guests into incredible new worlds.
Our team will help you identify the attraction to best fit your audience and grow your park. Once the concept has been chosen we will develop the details to produce a fully coordinated design package.
Firefly Creations lead an expert team of ride manufacturers, theming fabricators and media creators to bring your experience to life, ensuring all of the elements come together seamlessly in the final experience.
DRIVING AND PROTECTING THE CREATIVE INTENT
Leading creative innovations, Michelle and Andrew drive forwards unique creative visions throughout the industry including interactive gamification, theatrical storytelling and ride hardware innovations to carefully choreograph immersive guest experiences. A selection of the projects they have successfully delivered are included below:
· LEGOLAND Water Park – Gardaland Resort
· OBLIVION: The Black Hole – B&M dive roller coaster, Gardaland Resort
· Kung Fu Panda Academy – themed land development, Gardaland Resort
· Croc Drop – storied drop tower, Chessington World of Adventures
· Peppa Pig Land – themed land development, Gardaland Resort
· Room on the Broom – interactive walkthrough, Chessington World of Adventures
· Shaman – virtual reality roller coaster, Gardaland Resort
· Land of the Tiger – zoo exhibit and water ride, Chessington World of Adventures
· Gruffalo River Ride Adventure – dark water ride, Chessington World of Adventures
· Insomnia - theatrical horror experience, Screamfest
· Horrible Histories Maze – interactive museum experience, Warwick Castle
· Time Tower – theatrical museum experience, Warwick Castle
· Wookey Hole 4D - storied 4D motion theatre experience, Wookey Hole
· Slasher - theatrical horror experience, Screamfest
For all of the above projects, their strong operational knowledge gained from working within leading resort operators was key to delivering the core creative intent of the experience. Coupled with their understanding of key trends and identification of key target audiences, Michelle and Andrew identify and ensure focus remains on the future drivers for the market.
Our team is led by co-founders Michelle Hicks and Andrew Porter who have spearheaded the creation of a wide range of world class, bespoke attractions throughout their careers, combining storytelling and creativity with architecture and engineering to ensure no stone is left unturned during the design process.
Through multiple roles during their careers they have successfully delivered projects for leading organisations including Dreamworks, Sony, LEGO Group, Magic Light Pictures, eOne and Merlin Entertainments.